dsc495 | undergraduate
Data Science Capstone
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Demonstrates data optimization techniques.
- Identify and demonstrate application of data architecture.
- Design a scalable data management strategy for a give scenario.
- Define statistical theory.
- Explain how to apply statistical models to interpret big data.
- Identify and model data objects from big data.
- Explain ethical considerations as they relate to big data.
Method Selection and Analysis
- Explain the use of algorithms in data science.
- Analyze various mathematical approaches to problems solving; including linear algebra, calculus, and probability.
- Evaluate approaches to integrate mathematical solutions into data science.
- Demonstrate the process of problem identification.
- Explain quantitative, qualitative, and mixed research methods.
- Demonstrate how to communicate potential research to various audiences.
- Evaluate multiple database systems.
- Analyze various statistical analysis software.
- Explain the uses of programming in data science.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.