ece206 | undergraduate
Curriculum And Instruction In Early Childhood Education
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Setting the Stage for Learning
- Explain how to implement effective small-group and whole-group activities.
- Summarize the needs for organizing the physical environment to support children's learning.
- Identify appropriate behavioral expectations.
- Describe behavior management strategies that effectively influence children's behavior.
- Identify challenges for early childhood programs that may affect children’s learning.
Introduction to Early Childhood Education
- Describe historical contributors and theories that have evolved into current practices, policies, and guidelines regarding early childhood education.
- Define the key roles and responsibilities of early childhood educators.
- Identify characteristics and developmental needs of children in the early childhood learning environment.
- Identify strategies for working effectively with families and community stakeholders.
Curriculum and Instruction
- Analyze the domains within the Children's Comprehensive Curriculum.
- Describe a variety of approaches and strategies that can be used in planning curriculum.
- Develop ways to integrate curriculum through imaginary and constructive play.
- Indicate ways in which developmentally-appropriate curricula and best practices can be created.
- Identify differentiated instructional strategies that address the developmental and learning needs of children.
- Explain the goals, benefits, and usage of assessment to guide learning and developmental objectives.
- Describe different forms of authentic assessment and evaluation tools to promote positive outcomes for each child.
- Identify the purpose of early intervention strategies and progress monitoring in the assessment process.
- Explain how to evaluate educator and program effectiveness.
- Define how to create and implement a diverse curriculum in early childhood programs.
- Apply understanding of children with exceptionalities to enhance program effectiveness.
- Compare personal and social development of children.
- Identify classroom practices that promote valuing diversity in an early childhood program.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.