ece207 | undergraduate
Assessment In Early Childhood Education
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Explain how to ensure the validity and reliability of checklists, rating scales, and rubrics.
- Apply technology tools to the creation of classroom assessments.
- Analyze the types of differentiated and developmental assessments used with preschool and primary-grade children.
- Summarize guidelines for conducting developmentally-appropriate observations.
- Identify techniques for collecting, recording, compiling, and summarizing classroom and parent-child interaction assessment data.
Using Assessment Data
- Discuss the use of documentation for planning differentiated instruction.
- Analyze use of assessment data to plan instruction.
- Apply the use of assessment data for making referrals to school and community resources.
- Apply technology to the analysis of assessment data.
Communicating Assessment Results to Families
- Develop strategies for communicating assessment results in parent conferences.
- Analyze the roles of families in screening and assessment.
- Describe how early childhood educators collaborate with parents to apply assessment data to educational interventions.
Assessment Systems for Early Childhood
- Explain the purposes of assessment in early childhood.
- Describe the foundational principles of an assessment system.
- Differentiate between assessment and testing.
- Discuss the use of standardized tests in early childhood education, including psycho-educational screening.
- Describe the role of the early childhood teacher in standardized testing.
- Identify appropriate accommodations for standardized testing of children with special needs.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.