ech416 | undergraduate
Methods Of Teaching In Early Childhood: Mathematics
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Early Childhood Mathematics Curriculum; Geometry
- Incorporate age-appropriate math language in lesson plan activities.
- Explore problem-solving strategies for young learners in mathematics.
- Apply developmentally appropriate instructional strategies for teaching geometry.
- Examine models for developmentally meaningful integration of cross-content curriculum.
- Integrate appropriate technology into the mathematical curriculum to support young childrenâs math instruction.
- Incorporate age-appropriate math manipulatives in lesson plan activities.
Assessment of Early Childhood Mathematics; Measurement
- Evaluate assessment strategies to enhance young childrenâs learning of mathematics.
- Construct age-appropriate assessments using goals for the early education mathematics classroom.
- Use assessment data, including observation and documentation, to guide instructional decisions.
- Evaluate the uses of technology to document, assess, and collect data.
- Apply developmentally-appropriate instructional strategies for teaching measurement.
Managing the Early Childhood Mathematics Classroom; Number and Operations in Base Ten
- Examine strategies used to create a healthy, respectful, supportive, and challenging early education mathematics learning environment.
- Recommend motivational and communication techniques that are useful in the early education mathematics learning environment.
- Explore opportunities for family participation in early education mathematics learning environments.
- Apply developmentally-appropriate instructional strategies for number and operations in base ten.
Early Childhood Mathematics Pedagogy; Counting and Cardinality
- Summarize the various theories of developmentally appropriate mathematics instruction.
- Compare the NCTM Content and Process Standards for young children (Pre-K through second grade) with the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics in early education.
- Apply developmentally appropriate instructional strategies to teach number counting and cardinality.
Differentiating Math Instruction for Diverse Learners; Operations and Algebraic Thinking
- Examine trends and issues regarding differentiating math instruction for young children.
- Identify developmentally effective methods of differentiating mathematics instruction.
- Apply developmentally appropriate instructional strategies for teaching operations and algebraic thinking.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.