ech430 | undergraduate
Methods Of Teaching In Early Childhood: Social Studies
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Early Childhood Instructional Methods and Strategies
- Analyze effective instructional methods for teaching social studies in early childhood learning environments.
- Design activities that reflect an understanding of and appreciation for multicultural perspectives in the early childhood learning environment.
- Develop differentiated instructional techniques to address exceptional learners in early childhood social studies instruction.
- Examine global connections and awareness in early childhood education.
Early Childhood Social Studies Content; Integrating Technology in Early Childhood Social Studies Content
- Summarize developmentally appropriate Social Studies content within early childhood education.
- Identify video games and other technology appropriate for the teacher, the young child, and the family in early childhood education.
- Examine the developmentally appropriate integration of technology for teaching social studies in early childhood.
- Integrate social studies across the early childhood curriculum.
Assessment in Early Childhood Education
- Examine a variety of developmentally-effective formal and informal early childhood assessment strategies.
- Design developmentally-effective social studies assessment tools.
- Analyze results of early childhood assessments to plan for individuals, groups, and diverse learners.
Early Childhood Social Studies Environment; Parent Connections
- Design early childhood social studies extension activities for the home environment.
- Examine methods used to create a healthy, respectful, supportive, and challenging early education social studies learning environment.
- Identify a developmentally appropriate classroom design to promote social studies.
- Explore opportunities for family participation in an early education social studies environment.
Early Childhood Social Studies Standards; Developmental Considerations
- Examine the expectations of the National Association for the Education of Young Children for early childhood social studies education.
- Analyze strategies to integrate state and national social studies standards in early childhood curriculum.
- Examine significant theoretical perspectives in early childhood social studies instruction.
- Identify developmentally effective practices for teaching social studies concepts today.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.