ech435 | undergraduate
Methods Of Teaching In Early Childhood: Arts And Music
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Creativity in Early Childhood Arts Education
- Identify processes to encourage creative thinking in young children.
- Assess how your personal creativity style might affect your approach to teaching the arts in the early childhood environment.
- Explain young childrenâs creative experiences within the early childhood setting.
- Define creativity in the context of early childhood arts education.
Early Childhood Arts Education Classroom Management and Family Involvement
- Describe an early childhood classroom setting that encourages art and music development and growth.
- Identify safety and health concerns in early childhood arts education.
- Evaluate the impact of effective classroom management and materials management in early childhood arts education.
- Develop strategies to include family and community participation in the Early Childhood Arts Education Classroom and curriculum.
Overview of the Arts in Early Childhood Education; Standards in Early Childhood Arts Education
- Define the stages of art development in the young child.
- Analyze effects of the arts on the social/emotional, mental, and physical growth of the young child (birth through age 8).
- Explain the state and national standards for Early Childhood Arts Education.
- Analyze the multiple intelligences theory and how it applies to Early Childhood Arts Education.
Planning, Teaching, and Integrating Arts into Early Childhood Education
- Compare child-centered art verses teacher-centered art in early childhood curriculum.
- Analyze strategies for integrating art, music, dance, and drama across the early childhood curriculum.
- Design an integrated early childhood art lesson.
Accommodations and Modifications in Early Childhood Arts Education; Assessment in Early Childhood Arts Education; Technology in Early Childhood Arts Education
- Identify strategies to enhance the experience for students with exceptionalities in early childhood arts.
- Analyze early childhood assessment tools in arts education.
- Integrate the use of technology in early childhood arts education.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.