eed400 | undergraduate
Assessment In Elementary Education
topic title goes here
Definitions and Purposes of Assessment
- Define assessment, evaluation, and curriculum
- Identify the purpose of assessment, curriculum, and assessment alignment
- Examine the appropriate relationships between instruction and assessment to meet student needs
Using Objective Tests in the Classroom
- Differentiate between formative and summative assessment.
- Recognize the different types of objective tests and their appropriate uses.
- Examine reliability and validity of objective tests.
- Examine the appropriate and inappropriate uses of objective test results in instructional planning.
- Construct an objective test.
Using Performance Assessment in the Classroom
- Develop an appropriate performance assessment.
- Examine the appropriate and inappropriate uses of performance assessment results in instructional planning.
- Examine reliability and validity of performance assessments.
- Recognize the different types of performance assessments and their appropriate uses.
- Describe the elements and utility of rubrics.
- Define the vocabulary used to explain student results in a standardized test format.
- Examine reliability and validity of standardized assessments.
- Explore the purpose of standardized assessment in the classroom.
- Compare and contrast norm-referenced and criterion-referenced tests.
- Examine the appropriate and inappropriate uses of standardized assessment results in instructional planning.
- Explore the critical issues related to standardized testing.
The Influence of Diversity on Assessment
- Recognize the influences of student diversity on assessment.
- Describe best practices for assessment modifications and accommodations for special education students and English Language Learners.
- Examine methods of differentiating assessment based on student needs.
- Differentiate between effective and ineffective assessment feedback.
- Examine grading policies and appropriate use of grades.
- Analyze ethical issues in assessment.
- Demonstrate appropriate documentation of resources.
- Examine the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) as it relates to assessment.
Overview of Assessment in Elementary Education
- Identify what assessment is and how it is used.
Historical Perspective of Assessment
- Describe assessment in education prior to 1900
- Analyze assessment for competence and accountability
- Summarize influences on assessment policies
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.