eed436ca | undergraduate
Elementary Methods: Social Science And Fine Arts
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Classroom Assessment & Integrating Technology
- Explore technological resources and tools that enhance learning and facilitate equitable access to the social science or visual and performing arts curriculum.
- Describe the legal and ethical concerns regarding technology use in the classroom.
- Examine methods for assessing student understanding and performance in a social science and visual and performing arts context.
- Investigate assessment strategies to meet the needs of culturally, academically, and linguistically diverse students.
- Create an assessment tool to measure student learning.
Parent, Teacher, and Community Collaboration
- Investigate ways to research and utilize parent, school, and community resources for social science or visual and performing arts instruction.
- Explore opportunities for school-wide and community involvement in the social science or visual and performing arts classrooms.
- Determine collaboration strategies for increasing family and community involvement in the classroom.
Defining Social Science & Visual and Performing Arts Content
- Describe the major disciplines of social science and visual and performing arts.
- Determine potential controversies and challenges in social science and visual and performing arts instruction.
- Investigate the state and national standards for social science and visual and performing arts.
- Examine current trends and theories that support integrating visual and performing arts into the curriculum.
- Evaluate the importance of developing thematic and conceptual understandings in social science curriculum.
The Learning Environment & Instructional Planning
- Examine effective engagement and student motivation techniques for the classroom.
- Investigate strategies and accommodations that support diversity in the learning environment.
- Identify appropriate tools, materials, and procedures that promote a positive and safe classroom.
- Determine effective organization and management strategies to encourage an inclusive, productive, and respectful learning environment.
- Outline the necessary information, materials, and steps for planning instruction.
Instructional Approaches and Strategies
- Investigate methods for incorporating cultural and historical themes into social science and visual and performing arts instruction.
- Explore innovative instructional strategies and materials that promote critical thinking.
- Evaluate strategies for adapting instruction to meet the needs of culturally, academically, and linguistically diverse students.
- Determine developmentally- and ability-appropriate instructional strategies to meet the needs of all students.
- Examine interdisciplinary practices to integrate social science and visual or performing arts into other content areas.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.