elm537 | Graduate
Science Content And Curricular Knowledge
This graduate-level course is 6 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Project-Based Learning and Interdisciplinary Teaching
- Explore models for building interdisciplinary units of study.
- Evaluate assessment strategies appropriate for project-based learning and interdisciplinary teaching.
- Identify project-based learning activities for science.
- Investigate the use of interdisciplinary teaching for increasing engagement and enhancing learning.
Collaboration and Professional Development
- Evaluate professional and community resources that support and enhance science instruction.
- Describe the importance of self-reflection and professional development in improving practice.
- Investigate strategies for collaborating with all stakeholders to enhance learning.
Science Standards and Content
- Examine state and national standards for science.
- Describe the progression of your stateâs standards between each elementary grade level.
- Examine the major concepts within life science, physical science, and earth and space science.
- Identify strategies for teaching content-specific vocabulary.
Essential Components of the Learning Environment
- Apply strategies for effective management in a science classroom.
- Describe strategies for developing studentsâ cooperative learning skills.
- Identify methods for ensuring safety in science classrooms.
- Evaluate strategies for developing science units and lessons that promote discovery and active engagement.
Methodologies for Science Instruction
- Evaluate methods for assessing learning before, during, and after instruction in science.
- Describe strategies for using assessment data to inform planning and instruction.
- Analyze strategies for differentiating science instruction.
- Describe how technology can be used to enhance learning and support diverse needs.
Inquiry Learning in Science
- Explain the principles that inform how children learn science.
- Identify the key components of inquiry-based learning in science.
- Evaluate strategies for developing learnersâ inquiry process skills.
- Analyze instructional tools and strategies that are designed to help students reason, solve problems, and communicate effectively in science.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.