elm539 | Graduate
Physical Education/health Content And Curricular Knowledge
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Integrating Health and Physical Education into Other Subjects
- Describe how collaboration can enhance the learning experience for students.
- Describe ways to modify physical education and health content for diverse learners.
- Design an integrated instructional unit.
- Analyze ways to address literacy through physical education and health.
Scope and Standards of Health and Physical Education
- Identify the purpose and scope of health education and physical education.
- Examine state and national health education standards.
- Examine state and national physical education standards.
Physical Education Teaching Strategies
- Research effective strategies for teaching motor skills.
- Research the foundations of human movement.
- Examine strategies for teaching rules and strategies of games and sports.
- Analyze strategies for helping students develop self-confidence and self-worth through PE.
Health Education Teaching Strategies
- Develop strategies for helping students achieve the goals of lifelong health and a healthy lifestyle.
- Explain how growth and development impacts instruction and the classroom environment.
- Examine strategies for teaching students how to determine the validity of health products and services such as diet or nutrition products.
- Examine innovative strategies for teaching nutrition.
- Examine teaching strategies for teaching the risks of drug, alcohol, and tobacco use.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.