eng135 | undergraduate
Essentials Of Contemporary Communication
topic title goes here
Print and Electronic Communication
- Create effective messages for print and electronic media.
- Edit documents effectively.
- Compare print and electronic media.
Oral and Online Presentations
- Compare oral and online presentations.
Demonstrate effective visuals and design consistency.
- Develop and present an effective oral or online presentation.
- Recognize the elements of effective messages.
- Create coherent paragraphs.
- Demonstrate proper sentence structure, grammar, and punctuation.
- Choose appropriate media based on purpose and audience.
Communication in the 21st Century
- Explain the benefits of successful communication.
- Describe important skills needed to communicate effectively.
- Use technological tools for enhancing communication.
- Evaluate listening techniques.
- Describe the role of etiquette in the workplace and in social settings.
- Explain the importance of networking.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of working in teams.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.