eng230 | undergraduate
Mechanics Of Writing
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Clause Structure and Common Errors
- Correct errors in subject-verb agreement.
- Distinguish between independent clauses and sentence fragments.
- Correct commonly misused words: affect /effect .
Methods for Joining Clauses
- Identify run-on sentences and comma splices.
- Join clauses using conjunctions and semicolons.
- Correct commonly misused words: then /than .
- Correct errors in pronoun-antecedent agreement.
- Explain the effect of formal and informal grammar and punctuation on communication.
- Correct commonly misused words: your/you’re and their /they’re /there .
Additional Topics in Grammar and Punctuation
- Correct errors in misplaced and dangling modifiers.
- Apply parallel structure in lists.
- Correct commonly misused punctuation: quotation marks.
Incorporating Editing Feedback
- Demonstrate correct grammar and punctuation in writing based on editing feedback.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.