eng230 | undergraduate
Mechanics Of Writing
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Clause Structure and Common Errors
- Correct commonly misused words: affect/effect.
- Correct errors in subject-verb agreement.
- Distinguish between independent clauses and sentence fragments.
Methods for Joining Clauses
- Join clauses using conjunctions and semicolons.
- Correct commonly misused words: then/than.
- Identify run-on sentences and comma splices.
- Explain the effect of formal and informal grammar and punctuation on communication.
- Correct commonly misused words: your/you’re and their/they’re/there.
- Correct errors in pronoun-antecedent agreement.
Additional Topics in Grammar and Punctuation
- Correct errors in misplaced and dangling modifiers.
- Apply parallel structure in lists.
- Correct commonly misused punctuation: quotation marks.
Incorporating Editing Feedback
- Demonstrate correct grammar and punctuation in writing based on editing feedback.
Please ask about these special rates:
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.