eng240 | undergraduate
Introduction To Creative Writing
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Creative Writing Techniques â Drama
- Demonstrate effective storytelling, natural dialogue, theme development, and point of view through writing a one-act play.
- Identify the common elements, structures, forms, and terminology used in the dramatic plays and screenplays.
- Describe the relationship between the writer and the audience in a one-act play.
Creative Writing Techniques â Creative Nonfiction
- Describe the role of creative nonfiction in literature.
- Integrate creative writing skills from poetry, short story, and drama into a creative nonfiction essay.
- Produce a creative nonfiction essay that exhibits your writerâs voice.
Introduction to Creative Writing
- Identify key elements of the writing process.
- Describe creative reading.
Creative Writing Techniques - Poetry
- Identify common elements, structures, forms, and terminology of poetry.
- Describe the use of imagery, symbolism, and figurative language in poetry.
- Integrate elements of poetry into an original poem.
Creative Writing Techniques â Short Story
- Identify common elements, structures, forms, and terminology used in the short story.
- Describe the use of plot, character, setting, and theme in the development of the short story.
- Create an original short story.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.