env100t | undergraduate
Principles Of Environmental Science
topic title goes here
- Determine the impact of fossil fuels on the environment.
- Identify alternative energy resources and their potential to replace fossil fuels.
- Recognize challenges associated with energy resource management.
- Examine the value of biological diversity.
Introduction to Environmental Science, Sustainability, and Policy
- List the major themes in environmental science.
- Identify the major factors in determining human impact on the environment.
- Recognize why environmental sustainability is an important concern of environmental science.
- Examine sustainable development and sustainable consumption.
- Examine environmental policy.
- Discuss Environmental Policy Act and its importance in protecting the environment.
Ecosystems and Human Populations
- Examine the flow of energy in ecosystems.
- Examine the living and nonliving components of a biome.
- Investigate the concepts of natural selection and succession to a changing ecosystem.
- Recognize how environmental hazards affect human population.
- Examine the factors that produce changes in population size.
- Identify the environmental benefits and challenges of urbanization.
- Identify types of minerals and the properties of soil.
- Identify the types of forestry, rangeland, resources, and management strategies.
- List the effects of human activities on natural resources.
- Rationalize a sustainable plan for addressing an environmental issue.
Pollution and Waste
- Identify air and water pollutants.
- Determine the effects of pollutants on human, plant, and animal life.
- Recognize the effects of human activities on a water resource.
- List alternative solutions for waste management.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.