fin571 | Graduate
topic title goes here
- Calculate the project cash flow using the net present value (NPV).
- Analyze the internal rate of return (IRR) and payback methods.
- Explicate how the discounted cash flow approach can be applied to NPV.
- Examine the different methods of calculating operating cash flow.
- Calculate the break-even point.
- Explain how systematic and unsystematic risks are applied in a diversification strategy.
- Examine the Sharpe Ratio and how it is used in risk management.
- Discuss the capital asset pricing model (CAPM).
- Calculate the weighted average cost of capital (WACC).
- Investigate how companies use hedging strategies to reduce risk.
- Outline how the efficiency in receiving information can affect stock prices.
- Explain the market efficiency hypothesis and its implications on corporate finance.
- Discuss the importance of leverage on earnings per share.
- Examine the effects of corporate taxes on cash flow and leverage.
- Distinguish the direct and indirect costs of bankruptcy.
- Interpret how stock prices can be valued by discounting their dividends.
- Calculate present and future values of cash flows and annuities.
- Determine bond prices and yields using basic discounted cash flow principles.
- Discuss how bond prices move in comparison to interest rates.
- Describe the factors used to calculate the price-to-earnings ratio.
Foundations of Corporate Finance
- Explain the three primary financial concerns of corporations.
- Contrast the structure and use of various financial statements.
- Classify the different uses and sources of cash flow.
- Calculate and interpret key financial ratios.
- Interpret a companyâs financial results against historical data and industry benchmarks.
Long-Term and Short-Term Financing
- Explain basic sources of long-term financing.
- Discuss the various stages in venture capital financing.
- Examine the short-term uses and sources of cash.
- Distinguish between carrying costs and shortage costs.
- Describe the components of an effective credit policy.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.