Real Estate Investment
Start when you're ready
Choose an upcoming start date:
Please Note: Attendance and participation are mandatory in all University courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy in the Catalog for more information.
University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses. While widely available, not all programs are available to residents of all states. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Real Estate Investment
Course level: Graduate
This course explores the techniques of real estate investment analysis, including financing, taxes, and decision-making criteria in today's real estate investment environment. Students will analyze the risks and rewards of existing and proposed real estate projects to make specific financing and investment decisions. Other topics include real estate financial analysis and valuation, diversification of real estate assets, real estate taxation, and real estate law.
This graduate level course requires proof of completion of a Bachelor's degree. Be prepared to provide documentation during the checkout process
What you'll learn
Course skills and outcomes
- Determine profit and loss by calculating gross income and operating expenses.
- Analyze factors involved in determining fair market value and capitalization of commercial real estate.
- Identify sources of profit from residential real estate investment.
- Determine ethical considerations in the real estate industry.
- Evaluate potential real estate investments using financial analysis tools.
- Evaluate lease provisions for commercial and residential real estate.
- Determine strategies to manage risks in real estate investment.
- Develop strategic plans to acquire commercial investment property.
- Determine the market value of residential real estate.
- Develop strategic plans to acquire residential investment property.
- Determine sources of commercial real estate financing.
- Recommend strategies for structuring commercial real estate deals. Determine strategies for financing residential investment property.
- Determine strategies for financing residential investment property.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of development and rehab of commercial investments.
- Identify the different types of residential properties that are available to the real estate investor.
- Describe the pros and cons of investing in Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs).
- Determine tax and estate planning strategies for real estate investments.