gft503 | Graduate
Assessment For Gifted And Talented Learners
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative assessment techniques that can be used in the classroom to identify gifted and talented learners.
- Interpret evaluation and assessment results to develop an individual plan for gifted and talented learners.
- Explain different types of informal assessment that can be used to help identify gifted and talented learners.
- Determine solutions to identify students who are under-identified.
Ongoing Assessment Plan
- Describe how technology can aid in the ongoing evaluation of student learning.
- Determine how differentiated curriculum-based measures can be used to provide ongoing assessment of student learning and its limitation.
- Structure an assessment plan for gifted and talented learners to track data and provide ongoing evaluation.
Identification of Gifted and Talented Learners; Types of Assessment
- Explain the processes and procedures for the identification of gifted and talented learners.
- Determine how gifted and talented learners are screened, referred, evaluated, and found eligible for gifted services.
- Compare traditional and nontraditional assessment methods.
- Determine how alternative assessment and technology can be used to assess gifted and talented learners.
- Differentiate assessment strategies in the identification and ongoing assessment of gifted and talented learners.
Limitations of Testing
- Explain the limitations of various testing and assessment in identifying gifted and talented learners.
- Explain the limitations of various testing and assessment in documenting student progress of gifted and talented learners over time.
- Identify assessment strategies that offer unbiased evaluation.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.