hcis318 | undergraduate
Health Care Industry Terms For It Professionals
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Medical Terminology for Information Technology
- Define basic medical terminology used in health care organizations.
- Define the different types of healthcare facilities.
Medical Compliance and Security
- Describe the major regulatory requirements that have a direct effect on IT in a health care organization.
- Describe civil and criminal penalties for violations of privacy rights.
- Explain how security and privacy laws affect the design and operation of IT systems in a health care organization.
Health Care Roles
- Describe the roles of personnel in the different health care settings.
- Explain the IT organizational structures and functions for various types and levels of health care organizations.
Technology and Communication Methods
- Define the application of inter-operability.
- 4.2 Explain the components in an electronic health record system.
- Define the health information exchange.
Personal Health and Ethics
- Explain a Personal Health Record
- Describe ethical standards in health care IT environments.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.