hcis352 | undergraduate
Foundations Of It In The Health Care Environment
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Health Care Databases
- Describe the importance of inter-operability among applications.
- Compare and contrast Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Electronic Health Records (EHR).
- Explain the different databases that make up a health care network.
Health Care Security, Privacy, and Risk
- Explain the components of a disaster recovery plan.
- Discuss privacy and ethical issues related PHI. (Related to PHI)
- Explain the effects of regulations on a health care network.
- Describe the current health care industry Information Technology Application and Hardware trends.
- Explain the importance of support and maintenance within a health care technology environment.
Health Care Processes & Compliance
- Describe the different types of health care processes.
- Explain the challenges associated with compliance in a health care IT setting.
Health Care Network
- Describe the components and structure of a health care network.
- Identify the factors that affect the implementation and maintenance of a health care network.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.