hcp513 | Graduate
Health Care Compliance Foundations
topic title goes here
Financial Relationships Auditing
- Explain how an effective compliance program can defend against scrutiny and investigation.
- Explain the risks of financial relationships between hospitals, physicians, and referral sources.
- Analyze the reasons for creating a database to track financial relationships.
Introduction to Health Care Compliance
- Identify common organizational structures and types of health care organizations.
- Differentiate between laws and regulations.
- Identify federal and state regulatory agencies that monitor organizations and enforce laws.
- Explain the purpose of and need for compliance.
Role of the Compliance Officer
- Explain the role and responsibilities of a compliance officer.
- Explain the role and responsibilities of a compliance committee.
Compliance Plans and Programs
- Identify types of health care facilities and compliance plans.
- Explain basic elements of a compliance program.
- Explain how regulatory and oversight agencies monitor and enforce compliance plans and programs.
Federal Acts, Enforcement, and Penalties
- Compare and contrast oversight and enforcement.
- Identify federal acts that have an impact on health care.
- Explain the penalties incurred for violating federal acts.
Accreditation and Professional Licensing
- Explain the need for professional licensing and scope of practice.
- Explain the role of compliance in the accreditation process.
- Explain federal exclusion list requirements.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.