hcs321 | undergraduate
Business Communication For Health Care Managers
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Effective Communication in the Workplace for Health Care Professionals
- Explain the major types of communication in the workplace.
- Explain how perception affects communication in the workplace.
- Identify the principles of cross-cultural communication in the workplace.
- Describe the principles of verbal and nonverbal communication.
- Explain the importance of active listening in the workplace.
- Explain how supportive and defensive communication can affect relationships in the workplace.
Conflict Management and Collaboration
- Describe types of conflict.
- Identify strategies for conflict management.
- Identify strategies for effective team communication and collaboration.
- Explain the role of teamwork in the workplace.
Business Communication Reports, Request for Proposals, and Proposals
- Explain the difference between reports, request for proposals, and proposals.
- Identify the effective process for conducting research to support business communication.
- Explain the three step writing process and its role in health care communication deliverables.
Communication and Career Advancement
- Identify effective communication strategies for career advancement.
- Describe the tasks in developing a cover letter and resume.
- Identify the importance of continuing education and professional advancement.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.