hcs335 | undergraduate
Health Care Ethics And Social Responsibility
topic title goes here
Management and Ethical Decision Making
- Examine organizational resources used to resolve ethical conflicts.
- Examine the role of the health care manager in ethical decision making.
- Evaluate common ethical issues faced by health care managers.
Biomedical Ethical Issues
- Explain biomedical ethical issues in health care.
- Identify human subject research protections and their ethical impact.
- Describe ethical issues related to informed consent, advanced directives, and surrogate decision making.
Public Health Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Identify public health ethical issues and social responsibility.
- Evaluate the responsibility of health care managers and organizations on public health ethics and social responsibility.
Ethical Theories, Principles, and Values
- Explain major ethical theories and principles.
- Identify the impact of individual values on ethical decision making.
- Identify problem solving methodologies in relation to ethical issues.
- Differentiate between legal and ethical issues.
- Examine ethical principles, values, and culture in health care organizations and the impact on ethical decision making.
- Evaluate professional and corporate codes of ethics and the impact on organizational culture.
- Identify organizational leadership strategies for legal and ethical compliance.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.