hcs380 | undergraduate
Health Care Accounting
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Differentiate between accrual and cash accounting.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Prepare adjusting entries.
Financial Statement Analysis
- Explain ways financial information is used in health care organizations
- Conduct a basic financial statement analysis.
- Analyze the effects of unusual or irregular items on financial statements.
Internal Control and Cash
- Explain the principles of internal control.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and adjusting entries.
- Explain the use of cash and internal controls to prevent fraud.
Health Care Financial Environment
- Explain why corporations invest in stocks and debt securities.
- Explain how debt and stock investments are reported in financial statements.
- Analyze consolidated financial statements to make business decisions in health care.
- Explain the forms of business organizations and the key users of financial information.
- Describe the relationship between financial statements and the supplemental components comprised in an annual report.
- Explain how the accounting equation affects financial statement components.
- Determine the effects of transactions on the accounting equation.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.