hcs542 | Graduate
Health Care Research
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Identify appropriate statistical methodology to support a study proposal.
- Describe statistical analysis methods.
- Differentiate between descriptive and comparative statistics.
Professional Presentations of Research Findings
- Determine effective delivery formats to disseminate research.
- Describe the importance of publishing health care research results.
Health Care Research
- Explain the purpose of evidence-based health care research.
- Identify the stages involved in the research process.
- Identify ethical considerations that can impact health care research.
Developing a Problem Statement and Research Question
- Examine the importance of a literature review to support credible research.
- Develop a problem statement.
- Develop a health care research question.
Research Study Designs
- Determine the optimal research approach from various study designs.
- Contrast qualitative and quantitative research designs.
- Distinguish between levels of evidence and the implications of validity.
- Describe effective ways to collect data.
- Explain the rationale for different sampling methodology.
- Describe the criteria for selecting a target population and sample size.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.