Informatics for Health Administration
Start when you're ready
Choose an upcoming start date:
Please Note: Attendance and participation are mandatory in all University courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy in the Catalog for more information.
University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses. While widely available, not all programs are available to residents of all states. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Course level: Graduate
This course presents informatics as a strategic tool for the health administrator in sourcing and utilizing data.
This graduate level course requires proof of completion of a Bachelor's degree. Be prepared to provide documentation during the checkout process.
What you'll learn
Course skills and outcomes
- Familiarize yourself with the roles and responsibilities within information systems departments.
- Recognize data sources, and how it’s collected, used, and reported.
- Coordinate interoperability between information systems.
- Differentiate between confidentiality, privacy, and security.
- Navigate the legal and ethical issues that impact informatics.