hpe270 | undergraduate
Physical Education And Health For Educators
topic title goes here
Integrating Health, Physical Education, and Other Content
- Create assessments that align to lesson objectives and include performance-oriented tasks.
- Examine ways in which health and physical education can be integrated into other content areas.
- Identify the fundamental skills necessary for use in game and sport.
- Review an age-appropriate integrated lesson on an area of physical education and health.
Introduction to Physical Education and Health
- Identify the history, purpose, and scope of health, wellness, and physical education.
- Examine the effects of a healthy lifestyle on self-image and self-esteem.
- Determine the relationship between proper food choice and wellness.
- Describe the relationship between nutrition and exercise.
- Examine state and national health and physical education standards.
Developing Wellness and Physical Fitness through Exercise Science
- Describe how exercise science applies to wellness and physical fitness.
- Examine the basic scientific principles of biomechanics and physiology.
- Determine what guidelines should be applied to the evaluation of physical movement and skill demonstration.
- Explain why locomotion movements, nonlocomotion skills, and object manipulation skills should be considered when planning a program of physical development.
- Identify potential issues in developing motor skills and motor learning.
Instructional and Assessment Strategies in Health Education
- Describe the relationship between the stages of K-8 studentsâ growth and development to a healthy lifestyle, self-concept, and wellness.
- Analyze instructional strategies for teaching health.
- Examine how to adapt health education instruction and assessment for diverse learners.
- Evaluate materials and resources related to health.
Instructional and Assessment Strategies in Physical Education
- Describe the relationship between the stages of K-8 studentsâ growth and development to movement, skill development, and fitness.
- Analyze instructional techniques and methods for the physical education curriculum.
- Examine how to adapt physical education instruction and assessment for diverse learners.
- Evaluate materials and resources related to physical education.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.