hrm595 | Graduate
Human Resource Capstone Course
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Strategic Human Resource Management
- Explain the role of strategic HR in creating and implementing change management, organizational structures, and an organization’s mission and vision.
- Implement strategies geared toward domestic and international HR management.
Managing Organizational Behavior & Processes
- Evaluate key obstacles in managing and changing organizational culture through HR management.
- Modify HR processes in reaction to an organization’s change in life cycle.
- Identify best practices for implementing diversity, formal staffing, employee relations, and employee retention plans.
- Explain the influence of organizational behavior in a firm's effectiveness.
- Identify methods for linking staffing to key organizational objectives.
- Evaluate the effect of outsourcing on staffing and workforce planning.
Compensation, Rewards, & Recognition
- Structure a reward and recognition plan.
- Employ conflict resolution techniques.
- Design a comprehensive compensation and incentives plan linked to key organizational objectives.
Ethics, Employment Law, & Understanding Individuals
- Employ concepts of organizational ethics.
- Assess effects of labor and employment laws on organizational considerations and practices.
- Determine managerial benefits of attending to individual needs.
Human Resource Management
- Explain the effect of training and development in relation to organizational goals.
- Relate the effectiveness of different performance appraisal methods to different organizational structures and cultures.
- Create an organizational plan for career path and succession planning.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.