hum186 | undergraduate
Media Influences On American Culture
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Formative Influence of Mass Media on American Culture
- Identify the effects of mass media on American culture.
- Summarize the evolution of mass media.
- Examine issues related to the development and proliferation of mass media.
- Describe the value of media literacy.
The Significance of the Internet and Social Media
- Explain the implications of easily obtainable information.
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of social media.
- Assess credibility issues regarding information on the Internet.
The Power of Sounds and Images
- Explain the reflective relationship between American culture and various entertainment media.
- Assess how entertainment media affect American values.
- Analyze the influence of entertainment media on social behavior.
The News Media
- Assess how information media affect American values.
- Explain the social responsibilities of the news media.
- Describe the role of the news media in politics.
- Evaluate the transformative effect of electronic media on journalism.
Advertising and the Culture of Consumerism
- Explain the role of advertising in a culture of consumerism.
- Outline key persuasive techniques used in consumer advertising.
- Identify critical issues in advertising.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.