mgt418 | undergraduate
Evaluating New Business Opportunities
topic title goes here
Evaluating Trends and Opportunities
- Evaluate environmental and local trends affecting business opportunities.
- Evaluate the risks and rewards associated with entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Identify your personal strengths and weaknesses as an entrepreneur.
- Identify the differences between an idea and an opportunity for a new business.
Buying an Existing Nonfranchised Business
- Identify appropriate due diligence issues for purchasing an existing business.
- Evaluate the business model of an existing business.
- Assess the value of training available from the seller.
- Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing an existing business.
- Identify the elements of purchasing an existing business that are negotiable with the seller.
Buying a Franchise
- Identify issues related to due diligence and Franchise Disclosure Documents (FDDs) when buying a franchise.
- Evaluate the business model of a franchise.
- Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing a franchise.
- Assess the value of training provided by the franchisor.
- Assess the follow-up support provided by the franchisor.
Starting Your Own New Business
- Analyze the risks and rewards with starting a business with a new product and/or service concept.
- Analyze the risks and rewards with starting a new independent business with an existing product and/or service concept.
- Compare and contrast legal business structures such as: sole proprietorships, partnerships and corporations.
- Estimate the return of investment and level of risk of starting a new non-franchised business.
Sources of Assistance for Various Business Types
- Identify sources of legal assistance.
- Determine sources of traditional and nontraditional financial assistance.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of business ownership for women, minorities, and veterans.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of home-based and Web-based businesses.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.