mte507 | Graduate
Orientation To Teacher Education
This graduate-level course is 1 week This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Describe the Student Teaching Evaluations DRF.
- Analyze the differences between the Assignments DRF and the Student Teaching Evaluations DRF.
- Describe the Personal Presentation and Resource Portfolios.
- Define the Direct Response Folio (DRF).
- Identify the purpose and use of the e-portfolio in the Teacher Education Program.
- Establish a TaskStream account.
- Describe the Assignments DRF.
Introduction to the Teacher Education Program
- Identify program progression requirements.
- Identify degree completion requirements.
- Identify the program description.
- Define the mission and purpose of the College of Education.
- Identify the resources available in the Teacher Education Handbook.
- Identify the features of the course materials page.
- Identify the resources available in the Virtual School.
- Identify the resources available in the Web Links Library.
- College of Education Resources video
- Identify student teaching requirements.
- Define the roles and responsibilities of the student teacher, faculty supervisor, and cooperating (master) teacher.
- Examine the relationship between the Student Teaching Seminar courses and the student teaching experience.
- Identify student teaching materials.
Teacher Work Sample
- Define the Teacher Work Sample (TWS).
- Explain the relationship between the Teacher Work Sample, student teaching courses, and the student teaching practicum experience.
- Identify opportunities for field experience.
- Identify field experience requirements.
- Examine the Field Experience Record.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.