mth210 | undergraduate
Fundamentals Of Geometry
topic title goes here
Circles and Areas of Polygons
- Solve problems involving chords, secants, and tangent of circles.
- Calculate the area of polygons.
- Use the properties of circles and related components.
- Classify the measure of inscribed angles and arcs.
Introduction to Solid Geometry
- Describe the behavior of lines and planes in space.
- Solve problems involving components of solid figures.
- Calculate the surface area of solids.
- Calculate the volume of solids.
Foundations of Geometry
- Apply inductive reasoning, deductive reasoning, and axiomatic systems.
- Apply postulates about points, lines, and planes.
- Solve problems involving segments, rays, and angles.
- Write formal geometric proofs.
Triangles, Parallel Lines, and Polygons
- Identify different types of triangles.
- Apply the properties of congruent triangles.
- Use properties of parallel lines, transversals, and angles.
- Solve problems involving angles and sides of polygons.
Quadrilaterals, Similar Polygons, and the Pythagorean Theorem
- Apply the triangle inequality theorem.
- Identify the properties of different quadrilaterals.
- Use the properties of special quadrilaterals.
- Use the properties of similar polygons.
- Solve problems involving the Pythagorean Theorem.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.