mth220t | undergraduate
topic title goes here
Arithmetic and Geometric Sequences and Sums
- Find terms of an arithmetic sequence from the general term.
- Find the general term given the terms of an arithmetic sequence.
- Find the sum of the first n terms of an arithmetic sequence.
- Find terms of a geometric sequence from the general term.
- Find the general term given the terms of a geometric sequence.
- Find the sum of the first n terms of a geometric sequence.
- Solve application problems involving arithmetic and geometric series.
- Solve recursion formula problems.
Counting and Probability
- Use factorial notation to solve problems.
- Use the Fundamental Counting Principle to determine outcomes.
- Use permutations to determine outcomes.
- Use combinations to determine outcomes.
- Determine theoretical and experimental probabilities.
- Determine probabilities of dependent and independent events.
- Determine compound probabilities.
- Calculate permutations, combinations, and probabilities.
- Solve real-world applications of permutations, combinations, and probabilities.
Radicals, Rational Exponents, Distance, and Midpoint
- Perform mathematical operations on expressions with rational exponents.
- Perform mathematical operations on radical expressions.
- Solve equations containing radicals algebraically.
- Solve problems using the quadratic formula.
- Find the distance between two points.
- Find the midpoint of a segment.
Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- Solve equations with exponential functions algebraically.
- Solve equations with logarithmic functions algebraically.
- Convert between exponential and logarithmic forms.
- Apply properties of logarithms.
- Solve real-world applications using exponential and logarithmic functions.
Systems of Equations and Matrices
- Solve systems of linear equations algebraically.
- Distinguish between linear and nonlinear systems of equations.
- Solve systems of nonlinear equations algebraically.
- Perform operations on matrices.
- Use matrices to solve systems of equations.
- Solve systems of linear inequalities with graphing.
- Solve real-world applications of systems of equations.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.