mth463 | undergraduate
topic title goes here
Correlation and Regression
- Determine the strength of the linear relationship between two variables.
- Develop a simple linear regression equation.
- Predict the value of Y′ for a given value of X using a simple linear regression equation.
- Compute and interpret probabilities.
- Distinguish between the terms probability distribution and random variable.
- Compute probabilities of a Poisson probability distribution.
- Compute probabilities of binomial experiments.
- Describe the properties of the normal distribution.
- Calculate probabilities for means and proportions based on a normal distribution using a z table.
- Determine the appropriate confidence interval to construct.
- Create a graphical representation of data.
- Develop a frequency distribution based on raw data.
- Interpret a graphical representation of data.
- Calculate mean, median, and mode for ungrouped data.
- Calculate range, variance, and standard deviation for ungrouped data.
Introduction to Statistics
- Distinguish among the types of data.
- Distinguish observational studies with designed experiments.
- Identify sampling methods.
- Explain experiment design.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.