Network Web Services
Start when you're ready
Choose an upcoming start date:
Please Note: Attendance and participation are mandatory in all University courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy in the Catalog for more information.
University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses. While widely available, not all programs are available to residents of all states. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Network Web Services
Course level: Undergraduate
This course covers Network Web Services with a specific focus on Amazon Web services (AWS CCP). The course will help an IT professional gain knowledge and skills necessary to effectively demonstrate an overall understanding of the AWS Cloud, independent of specific technical roles.
What you'll learn
Course skills and outcomes
- Explain the services, fundamental architecture design, and architecture components aligned with the cloud environment.
- Match cloud services to an organization’s requirements.
- Describe how networking is the foundation for the cloud environment.
- Identify required technical requirements to enable a cloud-based solution.
- Determine appropriate cloud architecture to support an organization’s requirements.
- Explain the different aspects of a resilient architecture in AWS.
- Recommend reliable and resilient storage components to meet an organization’s requirements.
- Select AWS that supports a resilient architecture.
- Describe use cases that demonstrate the purpose of AWS availability zones.
- Assess available AWS's ability to enable a performance efficient architecture.
- Determine an appropriate solution of combined architecture elements to deliver optimized performance.
- Evaluate AWS monitoring services to determine appropriateness for a given architecture.
- Troubleshoot system performance issues.
- Differentiate between Amazon and customer security roles and responsibilities under the Amazon Shared Responsibility Model.
- Develop an Identify and Access Management (IAM) strategy that is appropriate for a given architecture system, scalable, and aligned with best security practices.
- Select appropriate AWS security features and services for a given architecture that ensures system and data security.
- Design a secure and functional virtual private cloud (VPC) network infrastructure model.
- Incorporate the five pillars of a well-architected AWS framework into a system design.
- Recommend uses of Trusted Advisor to maximize cost benefits.
- Propose specific practices to optimize cost and operational excellence based on monitoring results.
- Evaluate a complete design to identify non-best practices affecting system cost or performance.