psy315 | undergraduate
Statistical Reasoning In Psychology
topic title goes here
Descriptive Statistics and Discrete Probability Distributions
- Calculate measures of central tendency and dispersion.
- Present descriptive statistical data using graphic and tabular techniques.
Hypothesis Testing and Statistical Significance
- Perform a hypothesis test using the standard normal distribution.
- Explain how to use hypothesis testing to evaluate possible solutions to a psychological research problem.
- Formulate a hypothesis using the five-step process.
Statistical Inference and Variance
- Develop a conceptual understanding of the application and interpretation of inferential statistics.
- Perform an Analysis of Variance (ANOVA).
- Interpret the results of an ANOVA.
- Create a scatter diagram.
- Determine a correlation coefficient.
Research Design and Statistical Terminologies
- Define research and the scientific method .
- Compare and contrast primary and secondary data.
- Determine appropriate measures based on an operational definition for research tools.
- Select appropriate data collection methods to investigate psychological research problems.
- Examine the differences between descriptive and inferential statistics and their use in the social sciences.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.