psy400 | undergraduate
topic title goes here
Social Beliefs, Judgments, and Attitudes
- Explain how individuals rationalize their behavior, using cognitive dissonance theory.
- Discuss how behavior can be explained using attribution theory.
- Describe the reciprocal relationship between behavior and attitudes.
- Define social influence.
- Analyze the effect of group influence on the self.
- Describe the related processes of norm formation and conformity.
- Examine the concept of groupthink.
Social Psychology and The Self
- Explain the role of research in social psychology.
- Define social psychology.
- Define the concept of the self in the social world.
- Apply socialization concepts to personal development.
Persuasion and Conflict
- Examine the elements of persuasion.
- Assess the effects of persuasion on the individual.
- Describe the elements of conflict resolution and peacemaking.
- Examine the various motivations to engage in altruistic behavior.
- Examine the concepts of philanthropy, social activism, and volunteerism in terms of the social exchange theory and pro-social behavior.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.