psych640 | Graduate
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Describe methods used to enhance memory.
- Evaluate the implications of encoding on information retrieval.
- Explain the components of the memory system and their interactions.
Problem Solving, Expertise, Reasoning, and Judgment
- Analyze the relationship between judgment and cognitive processes.
- Explain the process of attaining expertise.
- Explain the process of problem solving.
Language Structure and Comprehension
- Explain the cognitive processes associated with language.
- Examine the structure and function of language.
- Evaluate the theories of language acquisition and development.
History of Cognitive Psychology and Individual Differences in Cognition
- Evaluate the effects of aging on cognitive development.
- Describe the history of cognitive psychology.
- Examine the role of psychometric studies of cognition on human behavior.
Perception and Attention
- Explain the conditions that impair visual information processing.
- Describe the relationship between attention and performance.
- Evaluate the relationship between perception and attention as it relates to encoding.
Imagery and Knowledge Representation
- Contrast verbal and visual imagery.
- Evaluate the cognitive processes associated with knowledge representation.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.