rdng511 | Graduate
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Diversity, Differentiation, and Ethical/Legal Considerations in the Assessment Process
- Explain how the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) relates to assessment.
- Analyze ethical and legal issues in assessment.
- Analyze critical issues related to diversity and assessment.
- Analyze assessment modifications and accommodations for English language learners and diverse learners.
Overview of Reading Assessments
- Summarize the role of assessment in reading instruction.
- Compare and contrast formative and summative assessments.
- Define basic concepts and terms related to assessment.
- Identify the assessment policies for your classroom, school, district, and state.
Informal and Formal Reading Assessments
- Compare and contrast formal and informal assessments.
- Identify the purposes and characteristics of informal reading assessments.
- Identify informal reading instruments that assess the following areas of reading: phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension.
- Describe ways in which informal reading assessments can be used to guide or monitor student progress and evaluate instruction.
- Identify the purposes and characteristics of norm-referenced and criterion-referenced assessments.
- Describe instructional strategies and methods to help prepare students for standardized assessments.
- Interpret and communicate standardized assessment results.
- Identify formal assessments that assess the following areas of reading: phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and instruction.
Evaluating and Guiding Curriculum and Instructional Planning with Assessments; Implementing a Balanced Assessment System
- Describe ways in which reading assessments can be used to evaluate and influence curriculum and instructional planning.
- Evaluate the organization and use of a school-wide multi-tiered model for intervention, such as response to intervention (RTI).
- Explain the purpose and process of progress monitoring.
- Identify the components of a comprehensive balanced assessment system.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.