sci250 | undergraduate
topic title goes here
Nervous System Diseases The Application of Microbiology
- Identify major microbial diseases of the nervous system.
- Apply microbiology to daily living.
- Identify components of a healthy nervous system.
The History and Future of Microbiology The Study of Bacteria Introducing Staining and Culture Introducing Taxonomy
- Define the scope of microbiology.
- Explain factors that influence bacterial growth.
- Identify the techniques and principles of staining.
- Classify bacteria according to taxonomic criteria.
Microorganisms and Parasitology Microbes and Disease Processes Epidemiology and Nosocomial Infections
- Discuss characteristics of parasites, fungi, helmiths, and arthropods.
- Explain hostâmicrobe relationships.
- Analyze different diseases and their relationship to human life.
- Describe the disease process and its impact on humans.
- Describe the scope of epidemiology.
- Define the epidemiology of nosocomial infections.
Viruses and Their Relationship to the Human Body Antimicrobial Chemotherapy
- Identify characteristics of viruses.
- Describe the classification of viruses.
- Discuss viral replication in microbiology.
- Describe virus-like agents.
- Identify the relationship between viruses and cancer.
- Define antimicrobial chemotherapies and their impact on humans.
- Describe general properties of antimicrobial agents in relation to the human body.
Innate and Adaptive Host Defenses Basic Principles of Immunology
- Identify nonspecific and specific host defenses.
- Define types of immunity.
Skin and Eye Diseases, Wounds, and Bites Urogenital and Sexually Transmitted Diseases Oral and Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Identify diseases related to the skin, mucous membranes, and eyes.
- Identify diseases related to wounds and bites.
- Describe components of a healthy urogenital system.
- Distinguish between sexually and non-sexually transmitted microbial urogenital diseases.
- Discuss components of a healthy digestive system.
- Identify major microbial diseases that impact the gastrointestinal system.
Respiratory System Diseases Cardiovascular Diseases
- Identify components of a healthy respiratory system.
- Identify major microbial diseases of the respiratory system.
- Identify components of a healthy cardiovascular system.
- Identify major microbial diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.