sec311 | undergraduate
Security Management Fundamentals
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Security Operations: Essential Functions
- List, define, and provide at least two examples each of the three main elements of an effective security program: physical security, personnel security, and information security.
- Describe the key elements of a comprehensive personnel security program.
- Explain the nature and extent of cybersecurity and some common types of cyber attacks.
- Define intellectual property and ways to protect it.
- Describe how the three main elements of security overlap and complement one another to create a cohesive security program.
- Identify at least two security activities for each of the following sectors: financial, courthouse and courtroom, K-12 and institutions of higher learning, health care, entertainment, and religious organizations.
- Differentiate among commercial, office, and residential security issues.
- Define and differentiate terrorism, natural disasters, airline, and critical infrastructure security.
- Identify the concepts and practices of management, leadership, and ethics in organizations.
- Identify specific managerial activities in the context of personnel management, planning, and budgeting.
- Define risk management.
Trends and Challenges in Security Operations and Management
- Compare and contrast security operations in at least three different countries.
- Identify recent security-related trends affecting the security profession, U.S. legislation, terrorism, and globalization.
Securityâ s Role in Society
- Describe securityâs role in society and how security has changed in the United States.
- List at least five threats to societal safety and security.
- Identify at least two U.S. laws or regulations and at least two professional certification and education programs relating to the U.S. security industry.
- Identify and distinguish among the multiple definitions of terrorism.
- Explain the essential functions of security personnel.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.