sec351 | undergraduate
Legal And Regulatory Issues In Security Management
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Regulatory Compliance in Security Operations
- Assess the value of developing internal investigation and compliance motivation capabilities.
- Explore common regulatory workplace laws including the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and lesser-known regulations such as maritime law, which affects certain aspects of the security industry.
- Dissect the investigative process and sanctions associated with regulatory compliance.
- Identify environmental regulations that impact security operations.
Ethical Concepts in Security
- Examine traditional theories of ethics.
- Apply traditional ethical concepts to modern business and security operations.
- Compare corporate social responsibility and ethics.
Security Policies and Procedures
- Outline the reasons for regulating the behaviors of employees and customers in various business environments.
- Examine the authority of an organization to develop regulatory policies and procedures.
- Dissect the appropriate procedures for enforcing institutional policies.
- Determine the nature and types of sanctions private organizations can employ.
Laws for Public and Private Police Personnel
- Identify the laws related to temporary detention and custodial arrest.
- Discuss the laws that govern search and seizure.
- Describe the use of force continuum and the authority to use force.
- Contrast the different limitations of authority imposed on public officers and private security personnel.
Civil Law and Institutional Liability
- Differentiate between civil and criminal law.
- Outline the fundamentals of tort law.
- Determine the potential for civil liability associated with security operations.
- Analyze the impact of security operations on an individualâs right to privacy.
- Examine how regulatory compliance training mitigate institutional liability through meaningful documentation.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.