sec411 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Physical Security Considerations
- Summarize the ASIS International Code of Ethics.
- Discuss the importance of ethics in security.
- Evaluate processes and procedures related to computer security.
- Explain the design functions of a building’s physical security profile.
- Identify security features of physical security.
Physical Security Applications and Solutions
- Identify security threats unique to specific industries, including those that threaten banking and financial institutions.
- Define executive protection.
- Describe asset protection priorities.
- Evaluate specific security environments and related security applications.
- Create a definition of terrorism.
- Compare characteristics of natural and environmental disasters.
- Explain procedures for securing airlines, airports, ground transportation systems, and utilities.
Week Three: Risk Assessment and Mitigation of Physical Security Threats Fac hrs
- Conduct a security survey.
- Analyze needs identified through a risk assessment.
- Explain how knowledge of environmental design can facilitate crime prevention efforts.
- Discuss the principles of organization and management used in response to physical security threats.
- Evaluate protection services and security programs.
- Discuss types of human resource investigations.
- Identify business crime activity.
- Describe industrial espionage techniques.
Future Trends in Security
- Identify career opportunities in security.
- Describe the preparation necessary for a career in security.
- Identify future trends and challenges in security.
- nalyze security’s role in counterterrorism efforts.
- Evaluate the impact of globalization on the provisioning of security services.
- Discuss legislative trends in security.
- Explore career streams in security services.
Introduction to Safety and Security
- Explain the history of security.
- Differentiate between public and private policing.
- Describe the roles of the security manager and how they relate to the regulation of the security industry.
- Analyze threats to safety and security.
- Identify judicial systems.
- Identify legal roadblocks for security personnel.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.