sec421 | undergraduate
Personnel Security And Executive Protection
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Purpose, Strategies, Threat Assessment, and Intelligence Collection for Executive Protection
- Explain the primary and secondary purposes of an executive protection detail.
- Describe the executive protection benefits to a corporation or an individual protectee.
- Explain the importance of risk assessment.
- Identify commonly made mistakes in the execution of executive protection.
- Analyze data and intelligence needed to establish a protective effort framework.
Executive Protective Operations
- Describe advance planning criterion and procedures for executive protection operations.
- Compare the benefits and risks of private travel with those of public transportation.
- Identify procedures for executive protection at public events and gatherings, hotels, and temporary lodging.
- Explore vulnerabilities of motor vehicle transportation to attacks and explosive devices.
- Develop procedures for emergency extraction of a protectee from a dangerous location or situation.
Executive Protection Measures
- Assess home and protectee family risk management practices, including of the use of safe rooms.
- Explain the critical significance of the choreography of executive protection in response to attack.
- Describe procedures for dealing with unarmed confrontation.
- Identify procedures for command post operations.
- Explain the importance of team dynamics for executive protection detail.
Interpersonal Aspects of the Executive Protection Specialist
- Identify personality traits and attributes of a successful protective specialist.
- Analyze legal considerations for use of force during executive protection operations.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of armed and unarmed protections.
- Identify emergency medical care and specialized equipment requirements.
- Identify defensive and offensive driving techniques.
- Explore the conduct of the protection specialist in regards to ethics, manners, dress, and professionalism.
Managing Executive Protection Programs and Resources
- Identify leadership traits and behaviors for leading an executive protection program.
- Summarize the importance of Operations Security during executive protection operations.
- Develop strategies for executive protection at media events.
- Evaluate emerging and existing technologies for use in executive protection.
- Assess the potential risks from terrorism, assassinations, kidnappings, and bombings.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.