sec532 | Graduate
Secondary - Creating An Effective Learning Environment
topic title goes here
Todayâ s Classroom
- Describe the legal aspects and ethical considerations in a classroom management plan.
- Analyze the multiple perspectives of a classroom management plan, including family, personal, community, and cultural norms.
- Identify how collaboration with the home, community, and school can impact classroom expectations and discipline issues.
- Evaluate the impact of oneâs beliefs, background, community, and experiences on developing a personal classroom management plan.
- Compare models of classroom management and discipline.
- Analyze how instructional planning affects classroom management.
- Describe the roles that diverse cultural backgrounds, experiences, developmental levels, and skills can have in classroom management.
- Compare technology resources that can assist in classroom management.
- Analyze reasons and methods for establishing classroom expectations and procedures according to purpose, age-appropriateness, and ease of implementation.
The Classroom as a Community
- Describe the importance of creating a positive learning climate to facilitate learning.
- Analyze the influence of mutual respect, diverse backgrounds, cultural norms, valuing differences, and ability levels on the interactions between teachers and students.
- Generate problem-solving strategies related to building a classroom community.
- Investigate characteristics of a classroom community that promotes open communication and positive dialogue that values all learners.
Engaging the Learner
- Analyze strategies for involving students in the learning process and supporting students in accountability for their learning.
- Describe how effective instruction, along with teacher and student relationships, can enhance student engagement and productivity.
- Explain how student behavior and motivation is affected by reward and punishment.
- Survey components of the physical environment and how they promote student learning, engagement, and management.
- Examine ways to use a wide variety of resources, including technology, to support and engage learners.
Working With Parents and Addressing Behaviors
- Describe the benefits of a collaborative approach for dealing with behavior challenges.
- Evaluate strategies to promote effective communication between parents and teachers.
- Determine proactive strategies and effective responses to off-task and disruptive behaviors.
- Examine methods of documenting behavior to share with parents and colleagues.
- Identify ethical standards guiding teacher conduct.
- Examine the use of self-reflection for improving classroom management.
- Identify resources and professional development opportunities specific to classroom management.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.