sec586 | Graduate
Secondary Clinical Practice A
This graduate-level course is 7 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Review professional responsibilities as a teacher performance assessment candidate, including professionalism and relationships in the classroom.
- Compare the cultures of various districts, schools, and classrooms.
- Develop techniques for collaborating with grade-level or subject-level teachers.
- Describe various ways to create a team atmosphere within the school setting.
- Evaluate the aspects of the classroom environment that contribute to positive learning experiences.
- Define glossary terms significant to the teacher performance assessment.
- Define academic language and how it applies to education.
- Identify strategies to apply academic language in the classroom.
- Demonstrate understanding of all expectations for edTPAÂ® Task 1: Planning for Instruction and Assessment.
- Analyze what the focused learner knows, needs to know, and will learn based on content standards.
- Provide supportive strategies to meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Develop goals and objectives for each lesson in the learning segment based on the central focus chosen with the cooperating teacher.
- Develop instructional support for various language demands of students.
- Write a lesson plan for each lesson in the learning segment.
Analyze Lesson Plans
- Justify instructional plans using established research or theory.
- Analyze assessment plans that provide evidence to monitor and support student learning.
- Provide planning commentary with cited research.
- Explore all expectations under edTPAÂ® Task 2: Instructing and Engaging Students.
- Demonstrate a positive learning environment that supports student engagement.
Student Teaching Expectations
- Review the procedures, expectations, and requirements for student teaching and the teacher performance assessment.
- Identify all state-specific requirements of teacher certification including the teacher performance assessment.
- Review how the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affects teachersâ roles in education and communication.
- Explore the teacher performance assessment.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.