soc100 | undergraduate
Introduction To Sociology
topic title goes here
- Describe theories of social change.
- Identify influences of social change in society.
Sociological Theory and Culture
- Describe the study of sociology.
- Identify theoretical perspectives in sociology.
- Describe the role of culture in sociology.
Socialization and Social Structure
- Describe the perspectives of socialization into the self.
- Explain the role of socialization in society.
- Identify milestones in socialization in different developmental periods throughout the life span.
- Identify the role of social structure in society.
Social Groups and Institutions
- Identify the different types of social groups.
- Describe factors that contribute to group dynamics.
- Describe the sociological view of marriage and family in society.
- Describe the sociological view of education and religion in society.
Deviance, Social Control, and Social Inequalities
- Apply the sociological perspectives to the concept of deviance.
- Examine different methods of social control.
- Describe elements that contribute to social inequalities.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.