span521 | Graduate
Spanish For Educators, Intermediate
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Making Student Connections; Field Trips; Grammar; Hispanic Culture
- Use prepositions to describe the location of places in town.
- Use common words and phrases to communicate field trip information and protocol to parents.
- Examine the educational system in Hispanic countries.
- Use words and phrases to identify studentsâ past habits.
- Use the imperfect tense to convey appropriate meaning.
- Identify phrases to build rapport and convey student information with peers and parents.
Communication and Emergencies; Grammar; Hispanic Culture
- Recognize basic colloquialisms and idioms.
- Apply terms related to forms of communication.
- Express mandates and directives.
- Impart information related to emergencies.
- Apply rules for verbs to describe activity in the future tense and the preterit tense.
- Construct positive and negative commands in the Ud. and Uds. forms.
- Demonstrate strategies to foster strong relationships between the school and community.
School & Family Communication; Grammar; Hispanic Culture
- Compose written communications for the family.
- Employ basic dialogue skills for parent/teacher conferences.
- Identify words to use when discussing studentsâ grades.
- Use comparatives and superlatives.
- Employ common expressions formed with the verb tener.
- Express familiarity using saber and conocer.
- Apply reflexive verbs related to student routine.
- Identify popular Hispanic media and its influence on culture.
Discipline & Academics; Grammar; Hispanic Culture
- Use common phrases relating to studentsâ classes and grades.
- Identify phrases to convey information regarding student behaviors and discipline.
- Identify phrases to convey information about studentsâ needs and academic progress.
- Use possessive adjectives to express ownership and relationships.
- Construct positive and negative commands in the tÃº form.
- Express likes and dislikes using gustar.
- Identify celebrations and events that are unique to Hispanic cultures.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.