Conceptual Framework Themes Addressed This Week: Valuing Diversity, Practicing Professional Ethics
- Investigate federal legislation regarding assessment in special education.
- Examine the steps involved in the assessment process in special education.
- Determine the key stakeholders in the special education assessment process.
Conceptual Framework Themes Addressed This Week: Advocating for Learning, Collaborating With Professional Communities
- Analyze different types of assessments and evaluation systems used in public school special education.
- Evaluate the importance of using a variety of assessment instruments.
- Compare the purposes of norm-referenced assessments with criterion-referenced assessments.
- Examine universal, targeted, and intensive assessments for use in determining current performance levels.
Conceptual Framework Themes Addressed This Week: Advocating for Learning, Integrating Technology
- Explain the scoring terminology used in special education assessment.
- Investigate the use of technology in the assessment process.
- Interpret assessment data by analyzing multiple means of student learning and performance.
- Analyze the components of an educational assessment report.
Conceptual Framework Themes Addressed This Week: Advocating for Learning
- Determine the relationship between assessment and instructional planning.
- Investigate ongoing data analysis and reflection to improve planning and practice.
- Explore strategies for engaging learners in the assessment process to set goals for learning.
- Evaluate the role of ethics in the use of assessments and assessment data.
Conceptual Framework Themes Addressed This Week: Advocating for Learning, Practicing Professional Ethics
- Determine the role of RTI in special education assessment.
- Classify the essential components of a well-written IEP.
- Differentiate the information necessary for writing effective measurable goals for an IEP.
- Investigate special education programs, related services, and supports available for students with an IEP.
Conceptual Framework Themes Addressed This Week: Valuing Diversity, Collaborating With Professional Communities, Engaging in Reflective Practice
- Examine the requirements for evaluating and reporting student progress.
- Evaluate systems or programs available for progress monitoring.
- Differentiate strategies and procedures for establishing and maintaining a collaborative climate.
- Investigate methods for data sharing and providing feedback to all stakeholders.