spe512 | Graduate
Special Education Assessment And Interpretation
topic title goes here
Foundations of Special Education Assessment and Interpretation
- Identify key terms in assessment terminology.
- Define the steps in the special education evaluation and disability determination process.
- Compare and contrast current assessment practices with historical foundations of assessment.
- Explain the legal requirements of assessment and evaluation.
- Analyze the differences between assessment practices as mandated by the Individuals with Disabilities in Education Act (IDEA) and Section 504 of the 1973 Vocational Rehabilitation Act.
- Identify the purposes of a variety of assessment instruments.
- Identify assessments used in determining current performance levels.
Collection of Assessment Data
- Determine performance levels.
- Analyze effective data collection procedures.
Interpretation of Assessment Data
- Interpret assessment data by analyzing attributes of student learning and performance.
- Evaluate components of an educational assessment report.
- Explain how assessment data contributes to disability determination.
Linking Assessment and Instruction
- Recommend instructional strategies, modifications, and accommodations.
- Recommend classroom assessment strategies.
- Recommend behavioral and social strategies.
Communication and Collaborative Partnerships
- Examine attributes of effective communication.
Please ask about these special rates:
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.