spe512 | Graduate
Special Education Assessment And Interpretation
topic title goes here
Linking Assessment and Instruction
- Recommend classroom assessment strategies.
- Recommend behavioral and social strategies.
- Recommend instructional strategies, modifications, and accommodations.
Communication and Collaborative Partnerships
- Examine attributes of effective communication.
Foundations of Special Education Assessment and Interpretation
- Define the steps in the special education evaluation and disability determination process.
- Compare and contrast current assessment practices with historical foundations of assessment.
- Explain the legal requirements of assessment and evaluation.
- Analyze the differences between assessment practices as mandated by the Individuals with Disabilities in Education Act (IDEA) and Section 504 of the 1973 Vocational Rehabilitation Act.
- Identify key terms in assessment terminology.
- Identify assessments used in determining current performance levels.
- Identify the purposes of a variety of assessment instruments.
Collection of Assessment Data
- Analyze effective data collection procedures.
- Determine performance levels.
Interpretation of Assessment Data
- Interpret assessment data by analyzing attributes of student learning and performance.
- Evaluate components of an educational assessment report.
- Explain how assessment data contributes to disability determination.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.