spe578 | Graduate
Models, Theories And Instructional Strategies For Spe
topic title goes here
- Compare and contrast the effectiveness of various instructional strategies, including differentiation and the integration of technology.
- Demonstrate how to use various instructional strategies to promote learning, including graphic organizers and concept mapping.
- Describe how students’ critical thinking can be promoted through effective objectives, questioning, and activities.
- Evaluate classroom management strategies to positively affect lesson delivery and student learning.
- Describe a successful classroom environment for the exceptional learner, including interactions with peers.
- Determine successful behavior management strategies for the diverse classroom.
- Identify methods of conflict resolution and peer mediation in the learning environment to address bullying or abusive behavior.
- Determine the information needed to make instructional decisions.
- Describe the components of a lesson plan.
- Design a lesson plan.
- Compare and contrast different approaches to lesson planning.
- Explain the role of standards in planning and instruction.
- Describe how collaboration between stakeholders might enhance the student learning experience.
- Explain the effect of school, family, and community relationships on teaching and learning.
Learning Goals and Objectives
- Write developmentally appropriate objectives.
- Demonstrate state and national academic standards when writing objectives.
- Explain how a lesson plan objective relates to instruction.
- Differentiate between goals and objectives.
Assessment, Evaluation, and Reflection
- Compare the strengths and weaknesses among assessment types.
- Create instructionally sound assessments.
- Explain how Response to Intervention supports student learning.
- Describe the importance of self-reflection for lesson planning.
- Describe how assessments and evaluation of student learning can be used in lesson planning.
- Evaluate your personal disposition toward the teaching profession.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.