sped537 | Graduate
Mathematics Instruction For Special Education
This graduate-level course is 4 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Integrating Literature and Technology Into Mathematics for Exceptional Learners
- Create a safe and productive mathematics learning environment for exceptional learners.
- Explore how students use language to express mathematical thinking.
- Analyze how literature integration into mathematics affects the exceptional learner.
- Investigate effective uses of technology and media in the classroom.
Parent/Teacher Communication and Community Collaboration
- Examine how family and personal experiences shape teaching and learning perceptions in the mathematics classroom.
- Analyze the importance of parent/teacher communication and collaboration.
- Explore strategies to utilize community resources in the mathematics classroom.
- Identify professional development opportunities in mathematics for exceptional learners available in your state.
Mathematics Education Content Knowledge, Standards, Instruction Planning, and Instructional Strategies for Teaching Mathematics to Exceptional Learners
- Identify how exceptional learners will be affected by state and national standards for mathematics.
- Analyze mathematics content knowledge for exceptional learners.
- Examine models for developmentally meaningful integration of cross-content curriculum for diverse learners.
- Plan instruction that supports acquisition of mathematics concepts, content curriculum, and pedagogy.
- Create learning experiences that make mathematics accessible and meaningful for all diverse learners.
- Connect concepts using differing perspectives to problem-solve mathematics issues related to local and global concerns.
- Integrate cross-disciplinary skills, such as critical thinking and problem-solving, into mathematics lessons for exceptional learners.
- Identify age-appropriate accommodations and modifications for the exceptional learner in a mathematics classroom.
- Identify a variety of research-based mathematics instructional strategies for diverse learners.
Methods of Assessment and Progress Monitoring of Exceptional Learners
- Evaluate a variety of assessment strategies to enhance exceptional learnersâ understanding of mathematics.
- Use assessment data, including observation and documentation, to guide instructional decisions.
- Analyze formative and summative mathematics assessments.
- Describe how the assessment process can promote learnersâ acceptance of responsibility for their own learning.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.